IA Physics help?

eomos2815

hi guys, I really need your help! I was supposed to do my IA using a physical pendulum, but then my teacher and I realized that it's too complicated and now I have to do something else. Since I don't have much time, I wanted to do a "simple" experiment that doesn't require expensive material and a complex procedure. The areas I'm really interested in (personal engagement) would be guitars (so an experiment on standing waves maybe?) and global warming/renewable energy (but I don't know what kind of experiment I could carry out with this topic), but I appreciate any kind of suggestion. 

Also, as I understood, carrying out a traditional experiment is the best way to get a high mark, right? Is collecting data from an authoritative source and then analyzing it risky?

I have to redo my IA experiment because 

Guitar strings is actually pretty common as far as I know, I have a few friends who did it. I guess you can investigate harmonics and oscillations and whatever, and I heard this one kinda cool thing about changing the temperature of the strings and plucking them. 

As for global warming and energy, I guess you could attempt something with water, wind or solar power. A battery of sorts would also maybe work, although that strays dangerously into the chemistry realm.

As for taking data from a database and analyzing it, it's more common for chemistry, so there aren't a lot of examples for physics. This should probably be your last resort.

Hope that helped, good luck!

• Like 1