Should I apply for remarks?

Hi guys, sorry to bother you, but I did the May 2017 Exams (SL Biology and SL Math) as an anticipated candidate (since I am in grade 11 and at my school, we do two SL exams in grade 11 and the other 4 exams in grade 12), and I was wondering if I should apply for remarks? I need one more mark in math to get into the next grade boundary, and three more marks in biology to get into the next grade boundary. I don't know much about remarks, and I was wondering if any of you had an idea of how likely it is for my mark to go up? I am aware that it is possible for my mark to go down or not change at all, but since I am only a few marks away from the next grade boundaries for both subjects, I am really considering applying for remarks. Have any of you applied for remarks before? Do you know how long it generally takes? Did your mark go up? Any help is appreciated :) THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE <3

You for sure cannot retake these exams before taking your other 4 courses. You can request to see your exams for US$18 per subject before you go for remark. I would say math more likely to get a higher grade (eg get ~3 more partial marks)

• Like 1

Yeah, our IB coordinator told us that anticipated candidates cannot do retakes :( But thanks for the information! I never knew that it was possible to view the exam, tysm! :)

39 minutes ago, pickles08 said:

Yeah, our IB coordinator told us that anticipated candidates cannot do retakes :( But thanks for the information! I never knew that it was possible to view the exam, tysm! :)

I would remark Maths straightaway, and pay to view the Bio exams first before remarking them. For non-language subjects even with seeing them but without the mark scheme it's hard to gauge if you can get the extra mark or not.

15 hours ago, IB`NOT`ez said:

I would remark Maths straightaway, and pay to view the Bio exams first before remarking them. For non-language subjects even with seeing them but without the mark scheme it's hard to gauge if you can get the extra mark or not.

Ohh okay, thank you so much for the advice! :) Also, do we get to view the marked exam or the non-marked exam?

Edited by Guest