Math HL IA topic too bad?

SamirAliyev

Hello everyone

I am doing my Math internal assessment on graphing IB logo with my Graphic calculator. I tried and did it with 14 equations and i am planning to decrease it down to 3 to 4 equation. Do you think I can get a good mark on this research or is there any ideas ti extend my ideas any further?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ok dude.

Given this is Math HL, the math your IA requires needs to be quite rigorous, at least on par with HL curriculum and preferably a little beyond as well. So far you have...functions? Personally, I don't see this meeting the criteria (it's online, looking at it can be quite helpful), and I really don't know how you plan on filling a 10-12 page report on it. Hopefully I'm just missing your central idea, and it all goes well.

IF you feel your idea doesn't warrant a good mark according to the criteria, then a potential area could be changing some parameters of the functions for different results. Even that feels way too simple for HL. Don't constrict yourself to a narrow area of maths. Broaden your views before you settle down.

Good luck!

On 7/10/2017 at 3:23 AM, SamirAliyev said:

Hello everyone

I am doing my Math internal assessment on graphing IB logo with my Graphic calculator. I tried and did it with 14 equations and i am planning to decrease it down to 3 to 4 equation. Do you think I can get a good mark on this research or is there any ideas ti extend my ideas any further?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Samir,

I looked at Wolfram Alpha: http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ 

Look through the different topics (algebra, calculus and analysis etc).

I did mine on pursuit curves and applied it to Star Wars (X wing fighter in pursuit of star destroyer). 

7 hours ago, haese225 said:

Hey Samir,

I looked at Wolfram Alpha: http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ 

Look through the different topics (algebra, calculus and analysis etc).

I did mine on pursuit curves and applied it to Star Wars (X wing fighter in pursuit of star destroyer).

Thank you very much man I was going to keep the topic and get bad marks.