HELPMEEEEEEE

Helo

I'm taking the IB exam for Saint Roberts in November and IM DYING OF FEAR.

my grade 7 report card was not good. my average was 86. My moms driving me crazy because she says that under 90 isnt good enough abd i suck at language which is onse of the sections in fthe ib exam WHAT DO I DOOOOOOO :lc:

86 avg is not bad. I've had lower when I was in grade 7 or 8. Generally in essay writing you want to have clear introduction and conclusion, and detailed points in between. If you can find alumni who are at Saint Roberts you can know what questions they ask and you can prepare for them. You should always try, and never tell yourself you are not good enough. Good luck

• Like 3

Anyways, my exam is in November abd my mom jis making my life miserable ;-; she alwa ys says that 90is OK and that its only GOOD if its above 95. shes also saying that 95 wont be enough which is why im FREAKING OUT

You should calm down. Maybe your mum has a higher standard, but it really depends on how you view your exam. If you are too nervous, it may affect your grade as a result, so it is essential that you must learn how to calm down. 

For language, as kw0573 said, writing must have a clear introduction and conclusion with detailed points in between. Make sure you are clear with your points that you would like to express in your writing, I will highly recommend a draft structure before you start writing in your exam, like laying out the points that you want to write about. 

Good luck with your exam.

• Like 1

Please don't worry about it ;) St.Robert was the easiest test I took out of Bayview, Victoria Park, Marc Garneau, and St.Robs. If you want to full out prepare for it and guarantee acceptance, buy the CAT 4 grade 9 book. Hint; they legit give you that book on exam day and tell you which page to do and not do (please don't tell this to anyone~) I would say it's an easy acceptance. All my friends and I were accepted. If I remember correctly, there are usually around 600 who apply and St.Rob accepts 180 each year. They first send out acceptance letters, then they call the other students on the waiting list if spots open up. Just saying, all my friends declined it and everyone who I met and became friends with during exam day were called and later accepted because most students these days like going to TOPS and MACS. Bring a watch and keep track of time. It is only English and Math.

ATTENTION!!!

ST.Rob does not need report card and is solely based off of exam :) 

If you need help with anything else please feel free to ask me anytime ^^

Just now, Rebecca132 said:

Please don't worry about it ;) St.Robert was the easiest test I took out of Bayview, Victoria Park, Marc Garneau, and St.Robs. If you want to full out prepare for it and guarantee acceptance, buy the CAT 4 grade 9 book. Hint; they legit give you that book on exam day and tell you which page to do and not do (please don't tell this to anyone~) I would say it's an easy acceptance. All my friends and I were accepted. If I remember correctly, there are usually around 600 who apply and St.Rob accepts 180 each year. They first send out acceptance letters, then they call the other students on the waiting list if spots open up. Just saying, all my friends declined it and everyone who I met and became friends with during exam day were called and later accepted because most students these days like going to TOPS and MACS. Bring a watch and keep track of time. It is only English and Math.

ATTENTION!!!

I forgot, there's no essay writing and the entire test is multiple choice. You just gotta bubble in those bubbles and there's no penalty for wrong answers~

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! 

I took the entrance exam for St Robs last year and I got in! Let me tell you, there is nothing to worry about! For the math, make sure that you understand the grade 7 curriculum (basic algebra, how the angles in a triangle add up to 180 degrees, etc). I found that there wasn't enough time for me to do it all (I had to guess 5 questions), so plan your time wisely during the test. BRING A WATCH! the language section was the easiest for me, make sure you know things like figurative language, stuff on narratives, and stuff on poems. I found that I finished that section maybe 10 minutes before the time was up.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have any questions :)

• 3 years later...

Hey guys, I know it's a little too late to ask this but I would really appreciate it if you reply:

Hey, everyone. So... I just read up on the IB entrance exam information and everything else, its' taking place on November the 23rd, which is like, only a month away. Ngl it's way scarier and nerve wrecking when the date of the test is so close. I heard that a big portion of the admission is your grade 7 report card, but my report card from last year is horrible, 88.8 percent average for all of the subjects combined. I honestly don't know anything about the exam and all of the different subjects. In my class rn, I am probably one of the best students in the class educationally (not bragging or anything). The things I was wondering about (if any St. Robs IB students could answer) were:

1. What level/grade will the test be, like what kind of difficulty are we talking about?

2. If any of you know, what subjects will we be tested on?

3. How should I study? I currently am doing lots of PSAT tests

4. I procrastinate way more than the average gr.8 in my class, what should/can I do to stop this, or is it fine and normal to do this? (We're talking about playing videogames during boring classes and copying off of answer sheets when doing the PSATs)

5. Clearly I'm a noob when it comes to IB, what are the advantages and disadvantages when it comes to IB?

6. What is the passing score for the entrance exam? For instance, imagine if I got 85% on the test, will I pass or fail?

7. Finally, I'm feeling very nervous, my parents are expecting a lot from me since I let them down when it came to the gifted test. If I fail, my parents say I'm not getting a good job and life. I've already told my family about this, and my mom told me that being nervous is a good thing. Is it really a good thing and I don't like it, how do I not be anxious? I need a pep talk lol.

Thanks to all who took their time reading all these words and worries! Any advice would help me a ton. Thanks again for helping me!

• 10 months later...
On 7/13/2017 at 10:56 PM, Rebecca1223 said:

I forgot, there's no essay writing and the entire test is multiple choice. You just gotta bubble in those bubbles and there's no penalty for wrong answers~

On 7/13/2017 at 10:55 PM, Rebecca1223 said:

ATTENTION!!!

hi,rebecca, do you know where should find the CAT 4 grade 9 book, and did you go to any tutoring learning at that time,and do they need the G7  report card? thank you!

On 7/13/2017 at 10:55 PM, Rebecca1223 said:

ATTENTION!!!

hi,rebecca, do you know where should find the CAT 4 grade 9 book(what CAT stand for), and did you go to any tutoring learning at that time,and do they need the G7  report card? thank you!

•