Doing Part time job

Juniorjb

Obviously it is not impossible but I wouldn't suggest you doing it as you will have a hard time in the IB. Your grades will probably drop (this does not apply to everyone) and you will have a lot of pressure and stress on you. Yes it is possible but I would not suggest it, especially in your second term where you should be focused on finishing your coursework and studying for exams.

I just finished Grade 11 going into 12 and for this whole year I worked as a freelance Graphic Designer and although it is slightly different than a physical job because you can do it on your computer it wasn't as challenging as I expected it to be to manage both Ib and work. So I would suggest that if you want to do it, do it! 

I think a part time job is more than doable in IB. I had a weekend job with flexible hours for all 4 years of high school and that money really helped with university. I never felt like I had no time to study, but I also had almost no extra curriculars so I had time to spare.

Half my class had a job and still managed good grades. One girl worked 25 hours a week and pulled off a 41.

If you think you can handle it, go for it! I'd suggest looking for a job with more flexible hours so you can  study more during mocks and exams

• Like 2