spanish A or B , non native speaker

Rosiekate

I am a british citizen with a Uk passport living in Spain. Both my parents are british and we speak English at home. However, I have been through the Spanish education system, 3 to 16 . My question is can I take higher level Spanish B ? My spanish level is good but I am not native.

This really depends on how you feel about taking a course which will not teach you much during the two years and feel like a waste of time. By speaking the language for 13 years I am confident you speak it fluently and exceed the level of HL Spanish B by a lot. Then again, many native speaks take the course causing the boundaries to be inflated (90-ish for a 7 usually), so it's up to you really. 

Personally, I take German B which is a language I've spoken for almost 6 years now. Despite spending only 2.5 years in a German education system with no prior knowledge of the language I still don't feel very challenged by the HL German course despite my less-than-perfect grammar and expression. Without being more obvious... you will be bored throughout the course. Massively. You might even see your language skills deteriorate to some extent, as you won't be using the more complex language in your studies. 

In the end, it's up to you. Taking HL Spanish B would be an easy 7 on your side. It is debatable whether taking language B a person is fluent in is something one should do, as those who truly take the language because they want to learn it struggle to reflect that on their diploma due to the sheer amount of natives taking such classes to boost their score.