Medicine in India

Befuddled

Hey guys,

I'm Indian and I was just wondering whether Indian universities would accept me for the MBBS course as everyone says physics is required here. 

Subjects: Bio and Chem.... NO PHYSICS

Also, I have to give the NEET (UKCAT/MCAT similar) exam and I don't study in India so I'd have to fly there while the IB exams are occurring. 

Does anyone know whether physics is mandatory/ they accept IB with only 2 sciences? And would it be worthwhile flying to India for the entrance exam?

Thanks a million!

I believe that most Indian universities require all three sciences for Medicine. However, it's best to check with the universities that you're planning to apply to. The website will hopefully have the information you need.

In regards to the entrance exam, the biggest question is whether of not it is feasible. Here is your exam timetable. From what I can see, the only time you have to fly there and get back is from the afternoon of May 8th to (at latest) the morning of May 10th. Now, I know the flight time isn't incredibly long and you can always revise during the flight time, but honestly, flights are tiring, especially if you're going to take in a couple of days. I mean, it really depends on if you think you can handle taking a flight, sitting an exam, taking another flight, sitting more exams... after almost continuous exams. Personally, it was tough enough for me to do BMAT at school alongside IB exams, but having a flight thrown in there at the same time? Ouch, idk if I'd do it.

I would recommend against it, but if it's something you truly want to do and think you can do, it's entirely up to you. Just make sure you don't jeopardise your exams because of it. Of course, this depends on when the test will be - since it's in May, you have a chance it may be after IB exams too!

2 hours ago, Befuddled said:

Yeah... the flight would be a hassle. 

Is the link the actual IB exam schedule? I came across it but it wasn't on the IB's website so I'm doubtful.

It is the official schedule for next year. Ours looked very similar to this one.

7 hours ago, Befuddled said:

Yeah... the flight would be a hassle. 

Is the link the actual IB exam schedule? I came across it but it wasn't on the IB's website so I'm doubtful.

Yeah, I couldn't find it on the IB website but it was on many schools' websites so I very much doubt they're giving their students inaccurate information! :P However, yes, do take it with a grain of salt until IB officially releases it!