CAS hours in summer

Vamsi

22 hours ago, shellziess said:

Yes they can count as CAS activities. I would write the activities down and check with your CAS coordinator at the beginning of the year to see if the activities do actually count for CAS.

Dont I have to wait for the year to officially start? Does it have to be continued till the year starts to be counted?

23 hours ago, Vamsi said:

Dont I have to wait for the year to officially start? Does it have to be continued till the year starts to be counted?

21 hours ago, shellziess said:

No you do not. One of my CAS activities was in summer and stopped during summer before I started the IB. You just have to have evidence you did this activity (pictures are the best).

Actually, you do have to wait until you officially start the first IB school year (which starts from the first day of classes usually). You can start on  an activity in advance, if you wish to do so, but the recording of hours can begin at the official start of the year.

1 hour ago, Rosalina said:

Actually, you do have to wait until you officially start the first IB school year (which starts from the first day of classes usually). You can start on  an activity in advance, if you wish to do so, but the recording of hours can begin at the official start of the year.

I had an activity that started in summer but continued a little into my first year and the hours I had in summer still counted. And also the one I mentioned above counted.

Edited by shellziess

8 hours ago, shellziess said:

I had an activity that started in summer but continued a little into my first year and the hours I had in summer still counted. And also the one I mentioned above counted.

9 hours ago, Rosalina said:

So, is there a chance this depends on what the CAS coordinator would do? Is it that CAS coordinators are the ones control the activities used and approve them instead of the ib deciding?