How Hard is SL Spanish

I have been taking Spanish for 4 years, but do not belive I am very good at it. In the first two years I recived A's, however in the seccond two years I had a teacher I didnt really like and got B's for most of both years. The same teacher will be teaching SL next year so I was just wondering how hard is the course?

Presuming you are going to a typical school in the U.S., your school transcript grades will be separate from your IB grade. Nobody can really tell you how stringently your teacher will mark the course in that regard. Your past two years are probably the best indicator for that. 

In my opinion, SL Spanish is not a difficult IB course. The standard is pretty reasonable. Many kids fail to achieve proficiency in Spanish and did fine. I would not expect anyone to get less than a 5 assuming he/she listened in class and did the minimum work that was expected.

It's hard to judge your prospects just from your saying that you're not very good. My best advice is to really focusing on learning the grammar so that you have no holes, so to speak, in your expression. Also, if you put in consistent work outside of the class (reading news articles/podcasts/Netflix) working on your Spanish it will pay dividends and be noticeable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Are you talking about Spanish A, B or AB initio?

Spanish AB is REALLY easy, especially if you've been taking spanish lessons for that long. 

On the other hand, Spanish B might be a bit more challenging, but with practice and preparation it should not be that hard. If you don't like your teacher very much that's fine, many of the things you learn in Spanish B you can learn and practice by yourself so don't worry.

But if you are talking about Spanish A, honestly, unless you speak very good spanish I would not recommend you taking Spanish A. I take this class, and I am a native spanish speaker, but I still struggle quite a bit and few people in my school do very well in this subject.