english A2 first written task?

drue13

There aren't really any easy ways out when it comes to the Tasks. Just remember that you have to write something ABOUT Media, if that is the option you are going to do it in. You also need to think about what you might do for the second Task - you will have to do that on literature, and you cannot do it within the same Area of Communication (Poetic, Mass, or Professional) as you do the first one. So you need to pick something that doesn't eliminate too many choices. Furthermore, try to make a choice where you can write at least 500 words, but that doesn't require you to write more than 1000. The combined length of the tasks should fall between 1000 and 1500, so don't write too much or too little in the first one. (One of my friends wrote lyrics for a jazz song for the first Task, and then she really struggled to write enough in the second one since she only had something like a hundred words in the first one.)

Try to think about what you have studied in the Media Option: your task should be linked to something there. Also try to be creative, but don't make this too complicated. And make sure to get your idea approved by the teacher before working too much on it!

As for the text types, I wanted to write a short play but was vehemently discouraged by my teacher. He also discouraged the writing of diary entries and other such pieces which place you in a situation where you could technically write whatever way you want (diary entries are private; it's up to everybody to choose whether to use correct grammar or just make funny signs). Some popular types in my group included opinion columns and news reports, and I wrote a short story for my second piece. But this is all very much up to your own preference: if you feel that you can pull off writing a play, then go for it!

Good luck!

Edited by Hyperbole

I remember a film called "Mad City" with John Travolta and Dustin Hoffman that could give you some inspiration. It deals with how the media's treatment of facts distorts reality and even causes the death of people. Have you decided on what to write or not yet? You could also write a short story featuring the invasion of privacy or something of the sort. When you come up with an idea I will try to help you with a title for it. G'luck!

Edited by Hedron123

• 3 weeks later...

If your talking about media then you should explain the different ways camera angles, news reports can manipulate their audience. You can emphasize on a certain documentary that is biased and explain its different manipulative affects that it incorporated.
Good luck!

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

hey there
i am currently doing the English A lang and lit course and i need some help on my first written task.
i was thinking of writing a script on 2 different people who have different opinions on how mass media (specifically internet games) affect one.
but now i think i'm more or divulging into the psych aspect to it and it has sort of lost focus.
also a part of the task is to include the aspect of culture into it but that just doesn't fit in.
so if you have any other ideas or ideas to improve this idea i came up with that would just be great:)