TOK ESSAY HELP

Saloni Gupta

Hey guys!

I have been given an assignment from my TOK teacher to write an essay on the topic:

"Humans are pattern seeking animals and we are adept at finding patterns whether they exist or not."

Can anyone please help me with a claim, counterclaim and a real life example?

Hi Gupta,

As you probably know already (or should) we cannot give you claims and counterclaims for your TOK. That is your job and an important part of your assessment on this major assignment.

If you offer some of your own examples first, we may be able to help nudge you in the right (or a more conducive) direction, but we can never tell you your claims and counterclaims and which ones you should include for your own TOK. You will need to make up your own mind on that score.

• Like 1

Hey Saloni,

I chose to analyse patterns in the Arts and in Mathematics.

You can center your Cs and CCs around how mathematics is the study of patterns (we seek patterns). While in the Arts artists often do not seek patterns -rejecting uniformity etc. 

There are tons of mathematical patterns. Obviously, choose one that you can explain clearly (I used a picture to help).. 

For the Arts I recommend looking at "patterns" in poetry (structure, themes between poems) etc. I guess you will be able to do a little Lang&Lit while you're at it.