Boxer Rebellion resources

mahow0

Hi guys! I'm currently writing my IA about the extent to which the Boxer Rebellion could be attributed to the fall of the Qing Dynasty, and I'm struggling to find secondary sources which talk about the historical implications of the Boxer Rebellion. Most books which I've come across only seem to discuss the military tactics and strategies used by the Western powers. Do you guys know of any resources which could lead me in the right direction? Thanks!

As the Boxers were seen as the enemy by the eight nation alliance and therefore much of the West, I doubt you would find many Western publications that focuses on the details and aftermath of China after the rebellion.

However, if you can read Chinese, there will be plenty of resources detailing the implications of the rebellion, as it was a significant part of Chinese history that contributed to the next period of wars and instability within China. I'm sure there are translated works of these resources, although finding them may not prove to be easy.

Hope that helped. Good luck!