ECONOMICS EE-help!! Price Discrimination

Guest sallyw

Guest sallyw

hi, I'm a student writing my ee on economics, specifically price discrimination. My question deals with the extent to which certain mobile services firms practice price discrimination. In the first step, I proved that all 3 conditions necessary for price discrimination to happen were there, but I'm stuck after that. What am I supposed to? Please please help me :(

Edited by sallyw

Guest sallyw

thanks for replying :) but what data am I supposed to gather from primary research? I mean, I've already proved my point that price discrimination does occur through proving the 3 conditions, so... I don't know how to make it more detailed :(

or... do you think it would work if i did the extent to which price discrimination is justified? because in some cases, the price discrimination is not necessarily for profit maximization but rather due to laws and etc... so yeah ;( any ideas are greatly appreciated :D

Edited by sallyw

hmm... I see what you're saying, but even if the primary research you collect is the same as what you found in secondary research it's still more impressive to the IB when it's primary and not secondary.

Something I highly recommend you try and do is contact someone in the mobile services you've selected, whichever brand(s) you chose and just set up an interview. Even if they repeat what you found online it's still a lot more valuable because it's from a guaranteed reliable source.

To answer your second question, I don't know if doing the extent to which price discrimination is justified would be a good idea because you might have too much? but then again, I think you should give it a go because we still have time to turn it in. so yes try and answer the extent to which price discrimination is justified.