History internal assessment

australiANgel

hey everyone!
i really want to do an IA topic on something to do with the way women have been treated in history, or their gaining or loss of their rights. there are many times throughout history that a topic like this could be discussed, but does anyone know a point in history where is was really influential, or interesting? something that you might have read or seen and you thought it was cool?
i would appreciate any help. thank you all :(

You could always talk about say the effects of any world war on the rights of women in any country. It basically relates to economy, so you could also talk about how any crisis lead to changes in women 's rights. For example I would talk about the Great Depression in the USA, I liked to go over it in class. Hopefully that helped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hilary Clinton would be too recent - there's a 10 year buffer.

Try looking at the suffragettes in England at the end of the 19th century, there's a lot of interesting things there if that suited you. What are you interested in? Time period? The change of women's role in society during the world wars is quite interesting but remember that the HI is a very short document, only 2000 words!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Aliquantus' post='33638' date='Jan 14 2009, 03:10 PM']Our teachers recommended us to do our IA on topics that could be helpful in the exams.. Just a tip.[/quote]

My history teacher always tell us that IB people love when you add things like " the role of women in the russian revolution..." so I would encourage you to do an IA on it. What about the role of women in the Nazi Germany or the role of women in the industrial revolution? I found those really interesting when I studied them :P .

The role or tretment of women over history is far to broad a topic. Try to narrow it to a period that you really like, or focus on a single woman that pioneered womans rights. This could include Empress Theodora of Byzantium, Catherine the Great or even Germain Greer (if that's what you're into).