Written Task 2 HELP!! Question 6 Disney movie peter pan adaptation

Hey guys,

So I've decided to go with question 6 of the prescribed questions which is, "How has the text borrowed from other texts, and with what effects?". I recently found out in a youtube video that many disney movies are adapted from other texts and novels. so I thought of doing my WT 2 on how the disney movie Peter pan is adapted from J.M Barrie's The boy who wouldn't grow up. However I was wondering if this topic is actually doable cause it involves a novel that was not studied as part of our syllabus.

I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

i believe that you can use material outside the syllabus  i mean i used a poem as the topic for my WT2 and it wasn't a poem that we studied i have friends who used movies that literally came out a week before the WT2 was due and they got pretty good marks ( that movie was MOANA for any interested :3).

1 hour ago, aziz said:

i believe that you can use material outside the syllabus  i mean i used a poem as the topic for my WT2 and it wasn't a poem that we studied i have friends who used movies that literally came out a week before the WT2 was due and they got pretty good marks ( that movie was MOANA for any interested :3).

so your written task 2 fell under which part? part 3 or 4? because i was initially focusing on part 2 which is language and mass communication which why i came up with the peter pan movie. I'm just confused.

Edited by Nikita533o

Aziz is partly right -- you are expected to keep close to what you actually studied in your course. Did you look at Disney movies or discuss adaptations of movies from texts? If so, then you can go right ahead with your proposal. If not, then you should get it cleared by your teacher (and even then, get that double-checked if your school or teacher is new to the programme)

Did your teacher already approve of your topic? Or are you alone on this?

One other thing you should be clear on for your WT2 if you go forward with this topic is to have a good idea what the significance is of your findings. A merely descriptive Wt won't score highly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackcurrant said:

Aziz is partly right -- you are expected to keep close to what you actually studied in your course. Did you look at Disney movies or discuss adaptations of movies from texts? If so, then you can go right ahead with your proposal. If not, then you should get it cleared by your teacher (and even then, get that double-checked if your school or teacher is new to the programme)

Did your teacher already approve of your topic? Or are you alone on this?

One other thing you should be clear on for your WT2 if you go forward with this topic is to have a good idea what the significance is of your findings. A merely descriptive Wt won't score highly.

I am alone on this , Our english teacher keeps on changing and the current english teacher is new to it. So I dont know if he can help much. Our summer vacation in ongoing so my english teacher is not replying to my mail. So far we've only studied speeches, now that I think about it we didnt do much in our first year , most of us focused on the FOAs and exams.

Anyways thank you for ur help. I shall keep in mind about the significance of my findings.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Most of my classmates did theirs on commercials/ads, so I know for sure that we are allowed to do that. In my school, we are also allowed to use novels that we haven't studied in class (in fact, we are strongly encouraged not to use texts that we've studies in class.) I'm planning to start mine today, and I chose a short movie by MTV titled American Male, which explores sexism and homophobia. I've just checked with my teacher, I think if you can't do that, you should at least ask some classmates and see what they're doing. Thus, even if you pick the wrong kind of text, at least you won't be entirely on your own.