don't know what to expect for the iB

Hi! I'm new to the IB and i'll be starting it in a few weeks. I have no idea what to expect and I've heard from a lot of people that the ib is very difficult. 

I'm taking:

HL:
English Lang and Lit A
Chem
Film

SL:
Maths 
Psychology
Chinese B

If anyone knows anything about these subjects please let me know about your experience! 

I was also wondering about the IA, and when you do it? Is it in your first year of IB or the second?

Thank you so much! 

The only subject i have done from here is Math SL. If you are even a moderately strong student in Math it should be easy to get a seven. It basically touches on Calculus, probability, stats and vectors. The questions on the exam are quite fun to do (they are much different from how most high school questions are structured). Moreover compared to AP calculus, Math SL is a breeze so don't worry. Just make sure you have a good topic for your IA, have proper understanding of all concepts in math and you should be good to go.

Good Luck!!

2 hours ago, revumol7 said:

The only subject i have done from here is Math SL. If you are even a moderately strong student in Math it should be easy to get a seven. It basically touches on Calculus, probability, stats and vectors. The questions on the exam are quite fun to do (they are much different from how most high school questions are structured). Moreover compared to AP calculus, Math SL is a breeze so don't worry. Just make sure you have a good topic for your IA, have proper understanding of all concepts in math and you should be good to go.

Good Luck!!

thank you!!

I would also like to know. 

For HLs I'm taking:

Chemistry

Biology

Psychology/English Lit.

For SLs:

Math

French AB Initio/Spanish self-taught

English Lit./History

From what I have heard from my seniors, the SL Math course is a breeze and a 7 point is highly achievable. If I am not heavily mistaken, 70% of all students who attended the SL Math course in our school attained 7 points. In regards to the other subjects, I believe HL Literature (and HL Chinese A)  had the least number of students attaining 7 points - most of whom either got 6 points or lesser.