Websites or apps as a studying resource?

Ikito999

Does anyone recommend or actually websites or apps to study for their exams? Ive looked into free things such as quizlet but am not sure how useful they actually are.

And does anyone use paid things such as kognity? The price is quiet steep and Id like to know if its actually worth paying the money or simply studying the oldschool way.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Past papers, past papers, and past papers. They're your best friends to preparing for exams; they're the closest to what you'll get on D-day.

I signed up for kognity, but I honestly didn't use it that much. I have classmates that used it a lot and found it great, but it wasn't for me. You should also be able to get some kind of trial period for this, too (at least my school did).

Then there's also studynova (https://studynova.com/) which is a great website. I used the online classes a bit for maths and a friend of mine purchased the entire thing. Things are explained simply and in a comprehensible manner. It's the only site I can really recommend and which is worth the price (you can trail topic 1 for free to see if it works for you or not).

As app I used iStudiez, which is more just for personal organisation than anything else, but it remains in my recommendation list.

Guest TheMagical7
11 hours ago, Martijn.S said:

Past papers, past papers, and past papers. They're your best friends to preparing for exams; they're the closest to what you'll get on D-day.

I signed up for kognity, but I honestly didn't use it that much. I have classmates that used it a lot and found it great, but it wasn't for me. You should also be able to get some kind of trial period for this, too (at least my school did).

Then there's also studynova (https://studynova.com/) which is a great website. I used the online classes a bit for maths and a friend of mine purchased the entire thing. Things are explained simply and in a comprehensible manner. It's the only site I can really recommend and which is worth the price (you can trail topic 1 for free to see if it works for you or not).

As app I used iStudiez, which is more just for personal organisation than anything else, but it remains in my recommendation list.

not to mention u can pirate ib past papers free

• 4 months later...

I occasionally use Quizlet for Chemistry and Physics test. It works quite well especially if you are struggling to memorize some terminologies in the subject.

For Math, I highly suggest that you go scout for past year papers online and try to practice as many question as you possibly can before the test. 

For Literature (or other languages), it is more of a progressive subject where you slowly accumulate your knowledge on the subject and refine the skills required (like analysis skills). This takes a long period of time and one of the best ways to improve your languages is to just work closely with your teacher. Sit down with your teacher and take the time to go through your work.

Hope this helps!