TOK remark

Raymond

Any one help me please. I got 6/10 in TOK presentation. But I got 3/10 in my essay. Overall I got 12/30 and got C. I would like to remark TOK. To my understanding, presentation can't be remark. Only essay can be remark. I also understand grade can be up or down after remark. The most worst case is I get 0 in essay after remark, then I get 6/30 and get D. Since my EE is A. So overall A(EE) + D in TOK is still 2 marks. Am I correct?

8 hours ago, Nomenclature said:

Because I am in a similar situation, I can tell you that the boundary for a B in TOK this year is a 16. Thus, you would need to score at least a 5/10 or better on the remark to get a B in TOK.

Is it easy to upgrade TOK essay from 3/10 to 5/10?

In the worst scenario, even essay is reduced to 0 after remark, I won't get E . Right?

On 7/29/2017 at 7:32 AM, Raymond said:

Is it easy to upgrade TOK essay from 3/10 to 5/10?

Honestly, I don't know. Depends on your essay, the examiner who regrades it, etc.

On 7/29/2017 at 7:32 AM, Raymond said:

In the worst scenario, even essay is reduced to 0 after remark, I won't get E . Right?

What you need to do is go to https://candidates.ibo.org/, click on the "results" tab, then click on "detailed results" for TOK. Whatever it says for the "lower grade boundary mark" is the lowest grade you can get to keep your D. Subtract one from the score and if you get that or less, then you will get an E.

Edited by Nomenclature
strikethrough of my mistake, OP got a C not a D