Does universities care about your EE?

tiffae

Hi all, I will be starting on my EE soon but I'm having difficulties choosing a subject to write on. I'm deciding between Mandarin B HL or Eng Lit A SL. 

I'm a Chinese who's currently studying in Australia so Chinese is my first language, which there will be a higher possibility for me to get an A in Mandarin than in English. But I saw on another forum where some people said that some top universities thinks that Mandarin B is not rigorous enough so I don't know if it would be a good idea for me to write my EE on Mandarin B... (although it might get me a higher grade) So my question is, will universities care about what I wrote in my EE or do they just care about the grades? Thanks a lot x

To my knowledge, universities rarely ask, know, or care your EE subject. The main issue is whether your school allows you. Looking through the IB guide, the only requirement is that you not be studying Mandarin A. The only other potential concern would be being asked about it in an interview for a school, but honestly I don't think it's a big deal and you don't have to tell them you're fluent unless they ask. Just be honest. You aren't breaking any rules if you choose to do it.

• Like 1