IB Survival Update Coming Soon

On Saturday April 21st, IB Survival will be momentarily inaccessible while we upgrade the forums. A lot of new features, better search, and loads more. Sorry for any inconvenience!

sofiaibkid

Does going to the gym count as CAS?

I went to the gym for a semester and it definitely counts as CAS. Your supervisor would be the same that oversees the rest of your CAS activities. However, you might need to provide evidence that you are going to the gym regularly in order to get approval. In my case, I asked my trainer to sign a sheet all of the hours that I did in the gym. I hope this helps!

1 person likes this

yes it does! As long as you have a target / goal that you reach within the activity... So what most of my friends did was join a specific program or class with a personal trainer (who becomes the supervisor). Others even went further by joining a fitness competition as their final goal.

Hope this helps

1 person likes this

You don't need a personal trainer; you can always ask the secretary or any administrative staff. If you explain what CAS is to them (probably even if you don't), they should be more than happy to sign.