Ethics of Culturing Probiotics - Bio EE

Eyrie

If I were to need to culture several strains of probiotics - Bacillus coagulans, Escherichia colu, Lactobacillus acidophilus - and all at 37°C/room temp, are there any severe ethical considerations? From the handbook - "likely to have a harmful effect... example; culturing micro-organisms at or near body temperature" is grounds for an inadmissible topic. 

I am using probiotics, so I am not certain if that would warrant an exception, but I would hope so. Some of those strains can possibly cause some health issues if they are handled incorrectly, but can also be beneficial to health or I'd not be using them right :) I could likely just use strains that can't function as potential pathogens. So, what if every strain of bacteria used is benign? 

I had as well wanted to use nicotine to observe how it interacts with the bacteria, but I know that they won't accept that. Wow, it sure feels nice to start and have made progress on an EE before summer ends :D