how to get level 7 on Physics

penguins

Hello everyone,

My exams will be in November this year and I was thinking to revise all HL units comprehensively so that I can easily move to doing papers. Can anyone suggest good Youtuber's or any online teacher who teaches comprehensively, not superficial. Because I'm normally a self learner, I can't even learn concepts from my teacher at school, I just get familiarized and then head back home study and learn it. Therefore I either need good textbook or a good YouTube channel to reduce my study time to minimum but effective at the same time to start solving past papers.

I currently use Cambridge book by Tsokos.

Any help appreciated :)

I'd recommend the Oxford study guide for an alternative textbook - short and concise, but still very relevant and useful. Great if you need a fast refresh or just want a quick review. I can't really recommend any videos, as I personally don't really like watching them. Also, you don't really need to 'save up' your past papers, and can still do some practice problems from older papers to familiarise yourself with IB style questions. You can still leave the more recent ones as mocks though. 

The Tsokos is a good book, though we mainly just used Giancoli, some non-IB textbook. Giancoli for one has much more practice problems. Have you considered possibilities that you can't learn from the teacher because it's your first time interacting with the material? Have you tried to briefly read the textbook before class? It just seems that you are not making the best use of class time. It's also helpful to find a study buddy whom you can ask questions and help each other. 

Thanks for both replies,

I have Oxford Study guide but I thought going over textbook firstly would be better to understand the material comprehensively and then when I find time or before mocks I can look at that plus my own little summaries I make on the textbook for not reading the whole passage again.

I actually understand what teacher says but I kind of have a problem. I'm too into details and when I lose one I can't keep up with the class anymore because in my head I'm still trying to understand the past material; or for example in math class I go beyond our class and start to read our textbook ahead in class while others do the current questions. 

I don't understand your example of math class. The obvious solution is to stop going ahead in math but to catch up in physics. If you have questions in class you should ask them. To be more blunt, there should be minor adjustments in your studying and learning habits. You should rely more on others, such as your teachers, rather than try to learn everything yourself. Your teacher has a degree in this subject and (probably) became a teacher to help others and answer questions.