English C1 EE

TheIBstudents

Again, I'm not sure if "parallel" is exactly the right word, but I understand what you're trying to say... Maybe you could try rephrasing the question to examine something more along the lines of the influence of the natural world and the relationship between the natural world and human aspirations. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TheIBstudents said:

Ah Thank you <3 @22033Lauren

Yeah, your general idea is good. I think "parallel" is a good way to phrase it. "Parallel" lets you talk about similarities, juxtapositions, metaphors, symbolism, allegory, etc. Once you've finished your essay, you can always slightly change the wording and/or ask for the opinions of others on your title.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheIBstudents said:

@NomenclatureThank you for your response ^_^ Just wondering if I'd be smart to compare the 'nature' aspect in ''An imaginary Life'' by David Malouf and ''Of Mice and Men'', instead of just focusing on one novella? 

It's up to you. I haven't read either book. One book or two books; both are good, though each has different approaches and techniques though. Do whatever you think will be easier and that you'll be able to offer better analysis on. And lastly, I know you didn't ask about this, but don't do three or more books.

• Like 3