Rocío Barrionuevo

Help in History extended essay please!!

Hello, guys. I'm almost finishing my EE on History, the topic I've chosen is "What was the impact of the 1992's Coup d'État on the Rule of Law as a democracy pillar in Peru?". However, I'm worried due to some people think is not related to History, but to Politics and Law. What do you think? :/

Posted (edited)

Hola, muy buenas. Bienvenido al foro.

To be honest, if you've already written it, save yourself the trouble of worrying. I can almost guarantee you won't fail if you put in an honest effort and so then it's just a question of a a point or two on your score for the diploma. It's not worth rewriting for that. Also, examiners would be less understanding if you had written a Music EE of Mozart's compositions and submitted it as history, but they'll be more forgiving with something like this where the topics have a bit of overlap. I will say that analyzing specific people's intentions, historical events, and changes are all part of any good history essay. Analyzing a legal text can be a great supplement to a history essay (I had a fair amount of legal analysis in mine), but it can not be the only thing. You should ideally try to have one or more of the following: put it into context, explain it's effects, and opine on how/why it came to be, focus on events themselves/not just court proceedings, etc.

You're probably fine. Try not to worry too much. Suerte y saludos.

Edited by Nomenclature
1 person likes this

Hey! I thought nobody spoke Spanish here. Thanks for the suggestions, I'm already fixing those mistakes and it seems like it's more a History EE now. 

Oh, and also I'm curious about your EE, what was it about? 

Haha, no, there's even a WhatsApp group chat in Spanish. If you send  @nicolech00 a pm, she'll add you to the group. My essay was on black civil rights in the U.S. right before WWII.

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:41 PM, Nomenclature said:

Haha, no, there's even a WhatsApp group chat in Spanish. If you send  @nicolech00 a pm, she'll add you to the group. My essay was on black civil rights in the U.S. right before WWII.

@Rocío Barrionuevo hey hi, yes we have a chat for Spanish speakers. If you are interested please send me a message!