Is Math HL required for Computer Science in Uni?

IBsabella

Subjects: SL: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics. HL: Psychology, English A Literature and Language, Swedish A Literature.

So, I'm about to start my last year of IB and I've finally started to figure out what I want to study after the IB, which is to study Computer Science. However, when I searched for some Universities, all the ones that I searched for required higher level mathematics. Is higher level math required for all Computer Science programs at all Universities? Does anyone have a suggestion? The location is not a priority so any suggestion would be highly appreciated. 

(btw im sorry for my english, havent slept that well lol tried my best to write a formal text pls dont judge)

Hello,

I am currently entering my last year as well, and I'm in the same situation. I take SL Math and HL Computer Science but I've seen many "high tier" universities requiring Math at HL, I've contacted a couple and they all have concluded that this could be solved by taking a mathematics foundation course.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

Thank you very much for your answers!! I do not have any big difficulties with math, in fact iI quite enjoy it, and would've most likely chosen the higher level if I had a teacher (our school did not provide a teacher so if we wanted to do the hl math we had to do it ourselves). 

This removed a ton of stress<33333333333 so happy