Chem SL IA topic help! Is this a good topic to do?

nicole_zhang

So I have this idea for my chemistry IA that I'm not sure of. I want to compare and contrast the effect of the different ratio between baking soda and acid vs. the amount of baking powder on the height the cake after baking. Baking powder is a mixture of baking soda and another acid that reacts when mixed with wet ingredient; it is used to make a cake "fluffy." I want to see if baking soda + acid will have the same effect as baking powder and how different amount of it will affect how much the cake rises. 

Possible variables:

Independent- the ratio between baking soda and an acid + amount of baking powder (the total mass of baking powder and acid will be constant, and the mass of baking powder will change)

Dependent- The height of the cake after baking

Control: size of the mold, the amount of ingredients for the cake (flour, water, oil, etc.), baking temperature & time, amount of batter before baking, type of acid, type of baking powder, type of baking soda.

The problem with this idea is that there are too many variables that can influence the result of the experiment. For example, how it is mixed, placement in the oven, spread of the batter etc.
Will this be a good topic to do? Is there any way for me to control these variables? Or change some aspect of it to make it more controllable?