Comparing Growth Rate Between Two Groups of Plants

KaitySakura

Hey everyone!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but since I'm doing my extended essay in biology, I thought that the people here might have a better idea of how to answer my question.

Basically, for my experiment I have two groups of plants (7 plants in each group) that were subjected to different conditions and I measured their mass every few days. I have used this data to graph the average growth rate for each of the two groups (I graphed some other stuff too, but this is irrelevant). I also compared the final mass/yield of the plants using a t-test. 

I was wondering how/if I should compare the growth rates of the two groups. Since the growth rate is not linear, I can't exactly calculate the slopes and perform a t-test, right? My topic specifically mentions "growth rate" but I can easily change this to "growth yields" if comparing the growth rate proves too difficult. I asked this before on a different forum, and they suggested that I do an ANOVA test, but it seems that I'm only supposed to use that if I have 3+ groups? I'm a bit confused.

Any guidance is much appreciated! :)