How is this as a TOK knowledge question:

"Is it ethical to criminalise expression of creativity?", to which my answer is: “Although it may be ethical and even necessary to criminalise art under certain circumstances, on the whole, it should be deemed unethical".

I was wondering if it is necessary to reference the AOKs or WOKs in the question itself, or if I need to change the phrasing of my question. Other than that, I do think I have a very "TOKesque" question

It's fine for just a practice. On the actual presentation you may want to mention AOKs or WOKs. Also on the presentation you may want to use at least 1 other AOK other than ethics because ethics is often studied as its own branch of philosophy, outside of epistemology (the study of knowledge). You should not put too much emphasis on value judgment and instead include more TOK concepts. 

Your one-sentence answer should be improved by explicitly giving an example of the "certain circumstances". Another reason why you want to avoid exclusively discuss ethics is that "it should be deemed unethical" and other rephrasing of the sentence cannot remove a sense of personal bias, and thus possibly undermining your whole argument. 

• Like 1

Here is a revised answer: “It may be ethical and even necessary to criminalise art under certain circumstances, e.g., when civilian safety come under threat; however, on the whole, it should be deemed unethical"

For the question, I wrote: "What does art as an area of knowledge tell us about the ethics of criminalising expression of creativity?

And so, for the answer, is it necessary to remain unbiased, because it would be odd to write an essay/make a presentation only to end it with, "I'm still on the fence"