CAS

semvee

Would it count towards CAS if I get a job at a coffee shop, and all the money I earn goes towards a Gap Medics internship abroad? Because I will develop new skills and find new strengths. There will also be commitment as it will be a part time job but over the course of several months.

Edited by hibhouba

7 minutes ago, hibhouba said:

Would it count towards CAS if I get a job at a coffee shop, and all the money I earn goes towards a Gap Medics internship abroad? Because I will develop new skills and find new strengths. There will also be commitment as it will be a part time job but over the course of several months.

As far as I know you can not be doing CAS while getting wages. You should also directly identify which learning outcomes you fulfill. You don't want to have IB rules that coffee shop skills/strengths are not strong enough and have your diploma voided. 

To be honest, I don't believe working in a public area (e.g. restaurant, bar, coffee shop, etc.) would count towards CAS.
You're trying to fulfil the Service criteria, meaning "service to the public/population". I'll give you some examples of what people of my year did: help organise a concert, help setting up a local athletism competition, go ice skating with kids, tutor kids, teaching assistant, helping at a charity event (e.g. giving out food to homeless people in the name of an organisation).
Maybe you can get a general idea from that list. 

• Like 1