Taking 2 language B courses?

Oreo0130

Hi!

I was recently talking to kids that go to other IB schools and commented on how I'm taking 2 IB language B SL courses. They told me that their school wouldn't allow me to do that and that universities might look down on taking 2 Language B courses.

I decided to take 2 Language B courses because I am good at languages, find languages interesting and thought it would reduce the stress overall. 

I am thinking about studying Sociology, and from what I have read unis don't really require me to take certain subjects. Also, from what I have heard universities tend to focus more on what the applicant took at HL.

I wouldn't mind dropping a Language B SL course and taking history SL instead, since I find history interesting as well.

Do you think competitive universities may look down on applicants taking 2 languages?

I would really appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

I think if you're interested in it, it will be great, as you won't hate the course, and may have a higher motivation to succeed if you enjoy what you're doing, plus this will look good on university applications (Especially if you're applying to a country that is bilingual or has universities that are bilingual, for example: Canada is English and French, thus if you applied to universities in Quebec, they would likely be more willing to take you in, especially the Francophone universities). And you'd learn another language, and Sociology is the study of human society, you'd definitely be more likely to be accepted, as language is the basis of many societies. If you genuinely enjoy it, then stay on those courses, you'll get better results if you enjoy the subject, and removes some stress from the IB if two classes or more classes are enjoyable, you won't get so frustrated, even better, it gives you a a nice break from some classes you might not enjoy as much ! :)