Subject Requirements !

Felix Lauren

Currently I am taking HL Bio, Psychology and Anthropology as well as SL French AB Initio, Math Studies and English A Lang Lit.

But I am finding I really don't like HL Bio and in university, I want to study either Psychology, International Relations or Political Science and I don't know whether I should switch English to higher and Bio to SL. 

Any recommendations would be amazing !!

Thank you

For psychology, most universities require one of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics or Psychology(I looked at Southampton and KCL), so you will probably be fine with Psychlogy HL. You should still check for the universities you want to go to. As for political science and international relations(which I want to do myself!) it mostly doesn't matter. At best an essay based subject may be required which Psychology should satisfy :D.  

• Like 2

If you're having a lot of difficulties in bio early in your programme, it's a good idea to reconsider your subject, because it won't get easier.

You should firstly have a look at your desired university's requirements because this will be the final determining factor.

Considering what you want to study, and the difficulties you have, I believe your idea of exchanging your bio and English level is good.
You could also consider doing French ab initio in HL, but it really depends on how good you are in French.

Also, have a chat with your have a chat with your English teacher and/or French teacher to see in which of the two you have the most potential.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Martijn.S said:

If you're having a lot of difficulties in bio early in your programme, it's a good idea to reconsider your subject, because it won't get easier.

You should firstly have a look at your desired university's requirements because this will be the final determining factor.

Considering what you want to study, and the difficulties you have, I believe your idea of exchanging your bio and English level is good.
You could also consider doing French ab initio in HL, but it really depends on how good you are in French.

Also, have a chat with your have a chat with your English teacher and/or French teacher to see in which of the two you have the most potential.

Wait, I thought that ab initio subjects were only available in SL?

• 11 months later...

Actually you can take English HL and shift Bio SL as a HL topic is not necessary for taking up Politics/ Psychology instead you take B&M/ Economics SL instead of Bio which will be related to international if you are taking some kind of Economics based relations and you can start going for many MUN's for taking Politics and International Relations

Edited by IBZOMBIE9840