Chemistry IA

turquoiseblue

Hey guys,

in my chemistry class, I and another student have come up with exactly the same topic for investigation independently, and been quite surprised that the teacher said that someone else is also doing  my topic, without any kind of communication. We have different only bases used, however the overall concept is the same. Can they accuse us of any kind of plagiarism, cause I don't know but people can do same topics if they want to, right?

Generally the teacher will ensure people in the same year/grade are doing different topics for IA or EEs. In addition to preventing plagiarism, it also prevents fellow classmates to be suspicious of any collaboration between you two or any advantage thereof.

Ie, if you dont think everyone should have same topic as someone else, then your topic should be different from everyelse's  

Edited by kw0573

Thanks for the reply. But the thing is, the teacher didn't tell us to change it, but she told us to be careful, but I don't want to give up on the topic I have come up on my own just because someone else is also doing it. So, if I work on it utterly independently, using my own resources, my own method, introduction, like everything the same expect for the general topic, would it be okay? I mean if there's no similarities in the report, the procedure, and the resources used, they can't tell me I've plagiarized because I never looked at anyone else's report.