Chances?

IndianTrump3688

I am predicted a 36 in IB, which is not very good imo but I have amazing extracurriculars: 

-Represented Hong Kong and ranked top 30 in the world in History (International History Olympiad) and I ranked 2nd in Hong Kong for the Hong Kong History Olympiad 

-Internship at J.P. Morgan Chase

-Started a tutor-tutee matching company, barely made money but the experience is what counts :') 

-Head Organiser of a fundraising dance event in school, raised 40,000 HKD, head of my house's charity council: raised a total of 15,000 HKD with that, went to Laos to help build a school for the illiterate 

-A+ in a university level introductory finance course at the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology 

Can I get into these universities? (Low/Mid/Reach me please) - I'd like to study either Commerce or Economics (Ik econ is less competitive) please chance me on course too!

- UBC

-University of Toronto

-NYU CAS Economics 

-University of Southern California

-One of the UC's: UC Davis/San Diego/Irvine 

Please, please, please reply! I really need some help :(

19 hours ago, Rosalina said:

You have a pretty good chance for UBC, especially if you can weave in what you learned from your extracurriculars in that essay portion of the application. I think your grades aren't too bad to apply to UBC.

Thank you so much!

What do you think about University of Toronto? If I applied for College of Arts & Science (Economics) instead of going for Rotman Commerce, could I make it? I'd like St. George campus since i'm international and would like to have a proper downtown toronto experience :P

11 hours ago, IndianTrump3688 said:

Thank you so much!

What do you think about University of Toronto? If I applied for College of Arts & Science (Economics) instead of going for Rotman Commerce, could I make it? I'd like St. George campus since i'm international and would like to have a proper downtown toronto experience :P

U of T arts is not very competitive to get in. Pretty sure you should be fine with a mid 30 and all they consider are your grades

• Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 6:10 PM, IndianTrump3688 said:

I am predicted a 36 in IB, which is not very good imo but I have amazing extracurriculars: 

-Represented Hong Kong and ranked top 30 in the world in History (International History Olympiad) and I ranked 2nd in Hong Kong for the Hong Kong History Olympiad 

-Internship at J.P. Morgan Chase

-Started a tutor-tutee matching company, barely made money but the experience is what counts :') 

-Head Organiser of a fundraising dance event in school, raised 40,000 HKD, head of my house's charity council: raised a total of 15,000 HKD with that, went to Laos to help build a school for the illiterate 

-A+ in a university level introductory finance course at the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology 

Can I get into these universities? (Low/Mid/Reach me please) - I'd like to study either Commerce or Economics (Ik econ is less competitive) please chance me on course too!

- UBC

-University of Toronto

-NYU CAS Economics 

-University of Southern California

-One of the UC's: UC Davis/San Diego/Irvine 

Please, please, please reply! I really need some help :(

You are pretty similar to me! I do not have a good GPA (probably I will get a predicted of 39/45), but I am pretty ECs focused. 

On 9/11/2017 at 5:00 AM, IndianTrump3688 said:

Thank you so much!

Sorry for the very late reply!

Remembering from what my peers who applied at U of T had, I think you have a good chance at U of T.

As an aside, downtown Toronto can be quite expensive but you never get bored :P