Can I change my one of my Hl class to Sl class?

Abby Stone

19 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

Are you a diploma student? If so, there may be issues about diploma requirements. 

If not and are just a certificate candidate, then the IB has no issue with it. Though, your school might, so do check with your counselor first. 

What do you mean diploma student, or certificate candidate? I'm currently enrolling in my first year of diploma (11th grade).

Edited by Abby Stone

43 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

Are you a diploma student? If so, there may be issues about diploma requirements. 

If not and are just a certificate candidate, then the IB has no issue with it. Though, your school might, so do check with your counselor first. 

Oh wait, I'm a diploma student.

You can definitely go from HL to SL for an exam. My school has about a dozen (if not more) Math HL students who do that every single year. Just let your teacher and coordinator know.

Bumping a SL up to a HL might be more tricky, because there's a huge difference in content, and your IA will also need to be assessed by a different standard along with your predicted grade. There has been allowances of this in the past, but you probably would have to convince your teacher/coordinator, and you should do so at your own peril because SL vs HL content for sciences is very different.

2 hours ago, Jaysun said:

You can definitely go from HL to SL for an exam. My school has about a dozen (if not more) Math HL students who do that every single year. Just let your teacher and coordinator know.

Bumping a SL up to a HL might be more tricky, because there's a huge difference in content, and your IA will also need to be assessed by a different standard along with your predicted grade. There has been allowances of this in the past, but you probably would have to convince your teacher/coordinator, and you should do so at your own peril because SL vs HL content for sciences is very different.

Then I'm so desperate now. I think I made a big mistake in my high school year, since I'm doing so bad in Spanish IV right now and I don't think I can do well in Spanish V HL..

2 hours ago, TheMagical7 said:

Then ask yourself if you can move an SL class up to HL, expect yourself to be doing so much more work for that SL class.

Ask your coordinator! TALK TO THEM desperate sir

I already TALK TO THEM and I'm a girl thank you. Well, it's better to have more work for Bio HL than failing Spanish V.

Greetings, with the IB you do not want to fail, i would drop the Spanish level if you fell you wont be able to do it. Also by dropping gives you more lead way if you fail the exam to re take it depending on what level and others. The IB is big on exams so as log as you let your cordnator and the IB know you should be fine.

Hope this helped, PM me with any questions.