Help with DP Subject Choices?

Hi, so i've decided my courses, however I still have some doubts, and I have to submit the course selection by Tuesday preferably as I'm starting a month late, and I would like some advice by those who maybe already take these classes :) 

HL:  Environmental Systems and Societies, History OR Economics, English A

SL: French Ab, Math Studies, Visual Arts OR an additional class (Maybe History OR Economics, OR Chinese Ab as a 3rd language)

As i'm looking to do International Relations or Global Development in University, I do require English A (Might not take this and put Economics or another class at HL and take SAT/TOEFL for English language requirement), History OR Economics, and ESS as these classes would be more suitable, however I'm also considering Graphic Design, however most universities don't ask me to do Visual Arts HL/SL, and to my knowledge many require a portfolio (Which can't be your Artworks you made for Visual Arts), so I'm not sure if I should take VA because maybe I won't have time for portfolio and VA requires you to do varying styles, which Graphic Design portfolios don't require (like Fine Art, Self Portrait, Surreal styles), or not take it so I can build a portfolio specifically on Graphic Design and not art, any advice would be appreciated if soon as this is due on Tuesday. :) 

UPDATE: I'm taking HL English B, Portuguese A, and Economics, and SL ESS, Math Studies, and French Ab-Initio, ignore the previous schedule (problem solved) :) 

Edited by Guest
Sche

You cannot take HL ESS (it doesn't exist)... Both history and economics are a hard choice but economics is slightly easier, unless youre a pro at argumentative essays. I would not do visual arts and history... it is too much work. Although they would link if you want to study history of arts, which you do not.

Edited by shellziess

2 hours ago, shellziess said:

You cannot take HL ESS (it doesn't exist)... Both history and economics are a hard choice but economics is slightly easier, unless youre a pro at argumentative essays. I would not do visual arts and history... it is too much work. Although they would link if you want to study history of arts, which you do not.

Thanks for the advice! I've decided to drop Art and adjusted my schedule a bit based on what you said, and what my DP coordinator, so i'll be taking:

HL: Portuguese A, English B, and Econ

SL: ESS, Math Studies, with French Ab-Initio as my alternate Group 6 instead of Art :)