Please help me choose between Lit A1 EE topics!

George

Hi guys,

So I have been researching a lot about what book/s I should do for my EE (due 2018 but I need my topic in the next month or so). One of the aspects of literature that really interests me is the use of magical realism and mysticism in modern literature. I was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers around the following topics - I know the research questions aren't too well formulated but my EE supervisor should be able to help with that, she just doesn't know much about any of the books or topics I want to write about at this point.

-  How does Tony Morrison use mystical elements in Beloved to portray the psychological impact of slavery?

-  How are mystical elements employed in Zadie Smith's 'White Teeth' and Haruki Murakami's 'Kafka On The Shore'? (or maybe The Wind Up Bird Chronicle)

- Possibly some kind of comparison of Zadie Smith's 'On Beauty' and E.M. Forsters 'Howard's End' as the former is based on the latter, however I don't really know whether that's a good idea or how I would go about it.

Also, for what its worth, if you think all of these are terrible and I need to start again, please let me know :P

Thank you so so much!!