PreDP choosing subjects

Ollie7up7

Hey, Y'all. I'm currently in the Predp programme in Sweden and soon I'll have to choose the subjects I want to take for IB1.

I'm thinking of becoming a doctor and I would like to study abroad hopefully the UK or the US.

I thought of picking HL bio HL chem and HL English and SL Swedish SL Math and SL Psychology 

Could anyone recommend me something or give me some advice about my picks

Edited by Ollie7up7

Guest TheMagical7

Subject choices are okay. If you are sure you will never take a maths-oriented career, you may want to select Math Studies since it is ridiculously simple - this means you will have more time to focus on a high score for your other subjects.

On another note, in my school the majority of students take either Economics or Psychology. I take Economics, it is an easy subject but my friends who take Psychology just spend so much time on the subject. In comparison, they memorise so much it's stupid, whereas Economics is just logic bordering on common sense with barely any memorising. HL Bio has a lot of memorising stuff so maybe you might want to tone down on the memorising? Economics HL is easier than Chemistry HL so that would also makes your life easier.

Of course, it ultimately depends on whether or not you will enjoy the subjects you will take.

Edited by TheMagical7

Guest TheMagical7

Check out the pre-requisites on the universities you want to enter. In Australia, there are no pre-requisites whatsoever. It would benefit me to do Math Studies instead of Math HL XD It doesn't matter what I take so long as I obtain high scores.

Maybe the universities do want to see you challenge yourself with "harder" courses, but it makes it easier for you to get a 45/45.

Edited by TheMagical7

Guest TheMagical7

Overall it's good on the basis that you want to do or are interested in the subjects you're taking. It's very important to not have motivational problems. 

And I don't think it's possible to do three sciences - in my school it's not allowed. If it's not allowed, universities won't roast you for it, right?  Even better that you like Chem and Bio because on some other website it says you do need them at HL for Medicine in Europe. And Chem is a more logical choice than Physics, for Medicine.