Please help me choose between Lit A1 EE topics!

George

Hi All,

I'm being cheeky and copying in my post in the EE forum as I think it might have a better chance here :P 

So I have been researching a lot about what book/s I should do for my EE. One of the aspects of literature that really interests me is the use of magical realism and mysticism in modern literature. I was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers around the following topics - I know the research questions aren't too well formulated but my supervisor should be able to help with that, she just doesn't know much about any of the books or topics I want to write about at this point.

-  How does Tony Morrison use mystical elements in Beloved to portray the psychological impact of slavery?

-  How are mystical elements employed in Zadie Smith's 'White Teeth' and Haruki Murakami's 'Kafka On The Shore'? (or maybe The Wind Up Bird Chronicle)

- Possibly some kind of comparison of Zadie Smith's 'On Beauty' and E.M. Forsters 'Howard's End' as the former is based on the latter, however I don't really know whether that's a good idea or how I would go about it.

If you have an opinion on which question is best, or have read any of the books and could let me know whether you think they'd work for an EE, I'd really appreciate it :) 

Greetings, you will have much better luck here :nicole:.  I really like How does Tony Morrison use mystical elements in Beloved to portray the psychological impact of slavery? You have a lot to write about on this EE topic, Tony is a creative writer and leaves for lots to be explored. I can find some links for you to help you out if you need it.

Hope this Helped, Pm me Questions