adam112

Can't do any CAS in summer

Is it true that I can't do any of cas in summer (after my  first year)? My CAS cordinator said that, and she thinks IB only enables duing it in the school year.

That is not true. Summer technically still counts towards the year. It is called a 2 year program for a reason.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, shellziess said:

That is not true. Summer technically still counts towards the year. It is called a 2 year program for a reason.

So what can I do if my CAS cordinator say it as a fact. She is really strict, we tried to ask her to read the rules again. She said it's not necessary she knows it. "Sorry you can't do any CAS in summer"

Edited by adam112

I would talk to your guidance counselor, your (assistant) principal, or anyone else above your CAS coordinator about her being unresponsive. If not, you could ask to switch coordinators because in IB summer CAS time is precious lol! 

1 person likes this

Print off any official ib sources and plant it in her face! 

IB promotes open-mindedness though your coordinator doesn't.

Edited by TheMagical7

as long as you have a legit supervisor during your activities then it should be okay... in fact my cas coordinator encouraged us to do cas during summer...

Yeah, that is not true at all. In fact, summer is one of the most important times during your CAS experience. Doing CAS over the summer can mean the difference between passing and failing CAS so I'd definitely ask your teacher, politely, to go over that policy again.

Summer is a perfect time to do CAS, and I think you really need to talk to someone about your IB Coordinator.