Doing 4 HLs?

fuggedaboutit

I've just started IB for 2 weeks and am taking HL Maths, Physics, Economics; SL Eng Lit, Chi lang&lit, Chemistry. I'm in a HLSL mixed Chemistry class and personally I find Chemistry to be easy (up till now), so I'm considering whether I should take a forth HL in Chemistry. I am applying to the US therefore a predicted grade of 42/42 will be definitely much more helpful than taking a forth HL, but I'm wondering whether it is feasible to get a predicted(final) grade of 42/42 with 4 HLs. I will also apply for UK unis and I heard that they basically ignore your SL subjects, is this true?

Any kind of advice will help! thanks!!

Don't judge course difficulty by first 2 weeks :P Ifyou are going into science/engineering, you can swap Econ and Chem. There's pretty much no point doing 4 HLs if 3HLs are enough. For example if you are also considering studying economics in uni, then having 4 HLs can keep more doors open.

• Like 1

The difficulty of Chemistry HL is subjective but I will tell you this: it is definitely not an easy 7 and having four HL's is quite tricky. You can always drop one around November 2018. But I would still not even consider taking four HL's unless you started off with four because you think you might have difficulties in one (HL math students did this in my grade). But otherwise I really would not take up that extra workload just because you think a subject is easier than expected.