Losing Enthusiasm

Ahmededed

Hey guys,

I'm currently entering my second month of IB2 and during the past month, I have been finding that I have gradually been working less harder, and losing the "First-year" Enthusiasm that I always start off with. This has caused me to increase procrastinating and ending my study sessions earlier. I have looked through the web regarding ways to motivate yourself but it all just says that I have to remember the outcomes and all that. Was wondering if you guys had any pointers to help me out here.

Thanks!

Side Note: I work every single day of the week, but take a semi-day off in Sunday (first day of my school week).

Edited by Ahmededed

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that, I also have the same problem! I find that just taking things one day at a time, just focusing on getting important things out of the way helps. But it sounds like you should take more breaks, working every day will be exhausting for anyone. Of course doing the IB means a lot of IAs etc. and work bombarded at you, but you should still try and find time to take a rest. Go out, exercise, play some video games, whatever to take your mind off of school for an hour or two. I'm not sure if this will help, but when I find myself losing motivation, I like to take a step back, recuperate, and try at it again. But if all else fails, the deadline is the best motivator :)

• Like 1

Same here, I've nearly lost all motivation for doing the diploma, but I know that it will be a great benefit if I finish it. I work 4 hours everyday after school doing homework and writing internals, I take the rest of the day to do some math for fun or just watch videos and not worry about anything, it helps me relax. Time management is key here, you need to have a balanced life where there is plenty of time for work and enough time to enjoy life. Think of it like this:

You're not the same person you were yesterday, today your mind developed and you became smarter. The more you learn, the greater your success, THE MORE MONEY YOU WILL MAKE. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...