"Some HL only" what's that?

In the syllabus there are some topics (for example, 3.4) that are 'SOME HL only'. What's that? How can we know if that's our case? We're HL, but...

Note: the teacher an IB coordinator know nothing about it.

That means said topics are only to be covered as part of the HL syllabus. Therefore, since you're in HL, you should be covering it in class.

The fact your coordinator does not know this worries me slightly. 

It is my interpretation that while parts of each of 3.4 Final Accounts and 3.8 investment appraisal are in both SL and HL, there are also exclusively HL concepts in these 2. In other words, SL does not cover all of 3.4 and 3.8

• Like 1

On 24/09/2017 at 10:59 PM, mac117 said:

That means said topics are only to be covered as part of the HL syllabus. Therefore, since you're in HL, you should be covering it in class.

The fact your coordinator does not know this worries me slightly. 

Sorry, but you misunderstood me. We all do know that we are taking HL, the thing is that the are some topics that are 'HL only' and others that are 'some HL only', and we don't know if we take part of the second.

Guest TheMagical7

kw0573 just said that some HL only means certain topics are both for HL and SL, except that they are presented together and not all of it is to be covered by SL students.

Edited by TheMagical7