ACADEMIC HONESTY AND MAIL

InaWhite

Guys, 

what does IB say about sending my EE to someone through email? Is it gonna detect is as plagiarism? 

2. What about word count websites, does it also detect my work and potential plagiarism? I put it in and I don't know if I didn't ruined everything... 

Please,  it's an emergency! 

Edited by InaWhite

Don't panic. I've got good news. Plagiarism checkers to detect either. An email is a private encrypted communication, and a word count website (as long as it's reputable), simply counts words but doesn't actually save the text.

Nevertheless, neither is plagiarism. Plagiarism is the dishonest copying of others' work; both cases you mention would just be the accidental uploading of your work to the internet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nomenclature said:

Don't panic. I've got good news. Plagiarism checkers to detect either. An email is a private encrypted communication, and a word count website (as long as it's reputable), simply counts words but doesn't actually save the text.

Nevertheless, neither is plagiarism. Plagiarism is the dishonest copying of others' work; both cases you mention would just be the accidental uploading of your work to the internet.

Thank you! My IBC stressed me out. She said: "I told you not to do this", so I panicked :D