What should I be doing during the year?

Tamako

I realize that IB HL History may usually be one of the worst subjects to prepare for, as shown by the low level 7 boundaries. However, I've taken it upon myself this year to  try to prepare myself as well as I can (unlike last year). Unfortunately, I'm unsure how I can because:

1) The notes that my teacher has for us is usually in the form of a powerpoint that is found online

2) I've forgotten almost everything from last year and have significant gaps in my notes

3) I'm not too sure about the system of HL History

Are there any tips that you guys can share?

Here's a tip:  study your teacher's notes. Brush up. Read up. Review. 

Are "tips" really what you want, or just plain old elbow grease?   If you forget stuff, just review.  This really is no secret.

There is no shortage of books or online material that you can use and learn from. History is easy that way -- you don't even need to lift a finger to find a ton of material to learn from.

What do you mean by #3 -- "I am not too sure about the system of HL History? If you are not sure about what you should be learning in History at IB, just ask your teacher or go to class.  Which system are you talking about, anyway?

8 hours ago, voh26 said:

Here's a tip:  study your teacher's notes. Brush up. Read up. Review. 

Are "tips" really what you want, or just plain old elbow grease?   If you forget stuff, just review.  This really is no secret.

There is no shortage of books or online material that you can use and learn from. History is easy that way -- you don't even need to lift a finger to find a ton of material to learn from.

What do you mean by #3 -- "I am not too sure about the system of HL History? If you are not sure about what you should be learning in History at IB, just ask your teacher or go to class.  Which system are you talking about, anyway?

Wondering more about the structure of the exams? I'm not really sure  how they work so I'm not sure how to study.