Application help ASAP

matbla

You give us almost 0 background information about what you're applying for. Some universities, for example, only allow students in who have a minimum of a 6 predicted in each subject (though this is usually a subject-based thing - e.g Leicester for medicine). 

Yes, you could apply there, but remember it's not only about meeting (or exceeding) the criteria, but also about being competitive. Will that 4 make you competitive enough? What subject is it in? Does it relate to your degree? What does your (relevant) work experience and wider reading look like? University applications are much more than just PGs, and with this little information we cannot help you. 

If you took GCSEs remember that Oxford puts a rather huge pressure on these for some subjects (e.g. medicine or engineering), and use them as screening pre-interview.  Then again I myself am not applying there, so maybe @Gaby could give more useful insight into this. 

Oh, ok; It's law that i am applying for. There is no specific requirement as for a minimum grade in any of the universities. And the 4 is in Biology so not really that relatable to law, tbh. The PS is quite solid I believe. I did not take GCSEs. 

There's no harm applying, I'd say, but I think that 4 could put you at a rather big disadvantage, considering you'll be going against candidates with perfect, or near-perfect, grades, and you don't have GCSEs to fall back on. Then again, Oxford and Cambridge are unpredictable, and every part of the application matters. QMUL will most likely ask you about your GCSE-equivalents, too. 

• Like 1

Thank you Gaby. Basically, my thinking is that the only reason to replace oxford would be to pick up a university that is easier to get into than qmul or bristol, and then, I am not sure if it makes sense at all. Do they all ask about gcse-equivalents, or is it only qmul?

Edited by matbla