History EE: A Song of Ice and Fire and the Wars of Roses

Priyanka N

I've been thinking about what I want to do my extended essay on, and I've decided to do history. When I was looking for a topic, I found one that I find really interesting, which is the Wars of the Roses. I'm also a huge fan of A Song of Ice and Fire and A Game of Thrones, so I was wondering if I could intertwine those since the story for A Song of Ice and Fire is partially based on the Wars of the Roses.

This is the question I came up with so far: How historically accurate is the depiction of the Wars of the Roses in the book series "A Song of Ice and Fire"? 

I'm worried that this is too broad because I'd like to talk about events that take place about over a century or that it will turn into just a narrative essay. I also don't know how to research for this very well. I really like the topic and would love to investigate it further, but I also want to pick a good topic that will get me a good grade. Is this doable? How should I approach this?