HL and SL combined classes

RoshanRamnani

Is it just us, or do you guys also have Math HL and SL combined classes.

The teacher complained about this, but due to everyone's subject choices, making HL and SL classes separate was impossible and it worries me because the teacher goes at a much slower pace during SL lessons and this makes me worried we wont finish the Math HL syllabus in time :/

This can happen in small schools. There is no way you can finish HL by going at SL pace. We finished the HL syllabus with students knowing 15% of content prior to IB with 4-5 hours of lecture each week for about 65-70 weeks. (slightly exceeding IB's recommended 250 hours). 

11 hours ago, RoshanRamnani said:

Is it just us, or do you guys also have Math HL and SL combined classes.

The teacher complained about this, but due to everyone's subject choices, making HL and SL classes separate was impossible and it worries me because the teacher goes at a much slower pace during SL lessons and this makes me worried we wont finish the Math HL syllabus in time :/

I would suggest seeking outside tutoring or getting your teacher to teach outside class hours. It's not likely, but the Maths HL teacher for my cohort taught an extra 2 hours per week in addition to class hours, where he would go over past paper problems by popular choice. 

Edited by IB`NOT`ez