jchichu

This is my first post on this website - I've been relying on your answers for surviving through the year, so maybe if I scream into the yawning you'll answer me back. 

I've been looking at creating a KQ off of a RLS, and though this is a practice presentation for my TOK course, I was really curious to how a knowledge question could be formed off of this very specific situation. The article link is here: 

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-07-24/black-women-picking-up-firearms-for-self-defense

It plays a lot into gun control, racism, etc, so I think in the right hands this would be a really interesting topic (this is just my practice, so it's up there if one of you want to check it out). 

How would you guys formulate a KQ to this? I've got a couple like 'to what extent can the right to protect the self triumph the safety of a general population?', or 'what role does morals play in making exceptions to disadvantaged groups of society to ensure their wellbeing?', but none of them really apply, and to be honest, they make assumptions that aren't what I want to go off of. 

Edited by jchichu
typo and weird sentence

could you maybe link it to past experiences/knowledge impacting our perceptions or decisions in the future? like looking at the part of the article about the woman who saw her boyfriend killed and later her daughter assaulted