London school of economics (LSE) - accounting and finance

Hi,

So I'm in 2nd year IB and I planning to apply for the London School of Economics, accounting and finance for 2018 admissions. For accounting and finance, they said on the website they require 38 points, with 6, 6, 6 in HL. I take HL econ, english B and maths, where I am predicted to get 7, 6, 5 respectively. So, because LSE is wanting a 6 in HL maths, and I am only predicted a 5, will I be kicked out immediately? and, if I actually do get a 6 in HL maths in the final exam is the result going to change in the end, like if I make a phone call or something will they consider me on letting me in or not?

Thanks!

You are very likely to get automatically rejected because you don't meet their entry requirements. If you get the results and get the required grades, you can either try applying through clearing if there are any spaces left (which is unlikely with LSE), or reapply for next year in the next cycle. A phone call after they'd given out all of their offers is not going to do anything. 

I could be wrong but the last time I checked LSE's Accounting & Finance requirements about a year ago, they only require a 7 at Maths SL (or perhaps the requirements changed).

LSE is very strict with the minimum requirements.  I girl I knew who applied for Economics had a 776 predicted at HL with an overall 40 point prediction.  She ended up getting 42 overall but only a 775 at HL (the 5 in Maths HL) - she got rejected when applying for Accounting & Finance.