is it too early to begin the IA?

I'm a M10 candidate, HLing in B&M. Our teacher (first time IB teacher) says that we HAVE to starts our IAs now!!! :P The IB does not suggest a start time, just a deadline, and besides all IA samples relate to 2 or 3 modules, we did NOT finish the first one (Intro to organizations) yet O.o , is it too early to begin the IA? When did you start your IAs? Is this fair?

Edited by fahad

[quote name='fahad' post='30074' date='Dec 10 2008, 05:12 PM']I'm a M10 candidate, HLing in B&M. Our teacher (first time IB teacher) says that we HAVE to starts our IAs now!!! :P The IB does not suggest a start time, just a deadline, and besides all IA samples relate to 2 or 3 modules, we did NOT finish the first one (Intro to organizations) yet O.o , is it too early to begin the IA? When did you start your IAs? Is this fair?[/quote]

Actually we here in Finland started our IA's something like 6 months ago, but most of us haven't done almost anything yet, so I would say that what sooner the better. You will have all kinds of crap piling on you if you start doing it in the last minute (WL's, TOK essays, Orals, practicals etc.). Also remember keep in touch with your teacher for guidance while doing it, so he/she can help you filling the missing theory parts.

• 1 year later...

guys please check out the sample bm ia's which i have submitted in the ibusurvival files.! it wuld be really helpfull.!! do check them out..!! there are two sample ia's submitted by me. both are from teachers supporting material. they have recieved good marks. so do have a look at them.